Step in the cosmetic shop and you fill find shelves full of anti-wrinkles products all promising elimination of wrinkles and fine lines. If you are looking out for instant results then it is almost impossible to find a product that satiates your need. However, some prior research would expose you to certain ingredients, the intake of which is sure to help you look younger by removing your wrinkles and fine lines. Do you wish to know about these ingredients? Have a look below to find out:
1. Hyaluronic acid: This acid is vital for preserving the elasticity and fullness of your skin. As this acid depletes in your body with aging, one starts noticing fine lines and folds on the skin. Hence, this acid forms an essential part of most anti-wrinkle products. These days, people are also going in for hyaluronic acid injections for smoothing their skin of wrinkles and lines. This is also helpful in adding volume under the skin. The hyaluronic acid further helps in body hydration and synthesis collagen.
2. Vitamin A and C: Because of their anti-oxidant properties, Vitamin A derivatives are used extensively in anti-wrinkle products. A study by Mayo Clinic proves that antioxidants neutralize the effect of free-radicals - the unbalanced oxygen molecules that breakdown the skin cells that results in wrinkles. Another form of Vitamin which is highly effective in reducing wrinkles because of its antioxidant properties is Vitamin C.
3. Hydroxy acids: To make your skin look radiant, fresh and smooth it is best to use exfoliates to remove the layer of the dead skin. However, exfoliates must be rich in hydroxyl acid. Having said that, one must also not take excessive hydroxyl acid as it increases risk of sun damage. It is best to wear sunscreen before you use exfoliates and continue the use even after few weeks of the use of hydroxy acid.
4. Extracts of green tea: Another rich source of antioxidants is green tea. A study shows that green tea was beneficial in preventing, repairing the skin damages. Green tea extracts are also effective due to their anti-inflammatory properties. Skin redness and irritation or allergies can also be treated with green tea extracts.
5. Copper peptides: Copper Peptides are nothing but an amalgamation of copper and protein fragments. Copper peptides held in improving effectiveness of antioxidants as well as stimulation of collagen production. Before buying the anti-aging products make sure it is present in decent quantities to ensure great and visible results.
6. Isoflavones: Another great source of reducing fine lines and aging spots are isoflavones, which are generally found in soy extracts. These generally produce the same effect as those produced by estrogen. Isoflavones have been widely and popularly recognised in the Annual Review of Plant Biology to possess beneficial properties when it comes to immunity, cardiovascular diseases, cognitive functions, reproduction and immunity.
The aforementioned six ingredients will definitely help you fight wrinkles, thereby restoring you your fresh and younger looking skin. Hence, the next time you buy an anti-wrinkle or anti-aging product, make sure that the product contains most of the ingredients listed above.